Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy New Baby

As I mentioned yesterday, my first graduation card attempt was not so hot. I used Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration #35 colors which are lovely together, but made this card look like it's for a little girl's kindergarten graduation or something. Since I don't know any kindergarten girls, I needed to change it up.


Speaking of Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration, check out this week's challenge for yourself! She's giving away blog candy in celebration of 50,000 hits!


Luckily because I used Stampin' Dimensionals, I was able to dissect the card and create two separate cards instead! Since the color palette is so feminine, it worked perfectly for a former coworker who just had a baby girl. I made another graduation card from the remnants, which I’ll post tomorrow. Once again, I used the layout from Weekend Sketch Challenge #79. I wish I would have put ribbon across the Cameo Coral strip, but now I'm just driving myself nuts. I'm gonna mail it off before I try to change anything else!




Supplies: Eight Great Greetings Stamp Set, Just Celebrate Stamp Set*; Kiwi Kiss, Ballet Blue, Cameo Coral, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper; Kiwi Kiss and Ballet Blue Classic Ink Pads; Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle, and 1/16” Circle Punches; Rhinestone Brads Circles Fire; Stampin' Dimensionals
*retired SU! product

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute...love that sweet elephant! Thanks for playing along in the JCI35, Janet! Mr. Linky widgits are down for some reason...I'm looking into it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! I fixed Mr. Linky and added your link:)

    ReplyDelete