Thursday, October 3, 2013

Celebrate!

After a long hiatus from stamping (and an even longer hiatus from blogging!) I'm back with some fun projects! I have an unhealthy obsession with Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper and have a HUGE stash of retired patterns. (In fact, I don't think I have ANY current ones!) So, I'm always on the lookout for cards or projects that will use up some of my stash!



 

 

This is one of my favorite layouts. I think I originally got the idea from my up-line and "BSF" (best stamping friend), Julie Davison. :) She and I seem to have a similar affinity for "clean and stimple" type layouts. This particular DSP just shouts "party!" to me, so I made a bunch of birthday cards. I seem to run out of them the fastest anyway.



I am even more excited about the MATCHING ENVELOPES I was able to create with my NEW Envelope Punch Board from Stampin' Up! I just picked one of the patterns from the card and cut an 8x8-inch square of matching DSP. A few punches and scores later, BOOM - a beautiful envelope sized perfectly for my A2 card (5-1/2 x 4-1/4; the standard card size from a half-sheet of paper).



I wanted to enter these into the NEW "Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge" that comes out the 1st & 15th of every month. The theme for September 15 was "Celebrate." BUT, alas, one requirement is that everything must be a CURRENT Stampin' Up! product. I will certainly be more careful next time so I can actually enter!



Stamps: A Word for You, On Your Birthday, Darling Dots, Outlined Occasions
Paper: Build-a-Bear Pawsitively Prints II DSP, Poppy Parade CS, Tempting Turquoise CS, Pear Pizzazz CS, So Saffron CS, Whisper White CS
Colors: Poppy Parade Marker, Tempting Turquoise Marker, Pear Pizzazz Marker, So Saffron Marker, Staz-On Black Ink
Tools: Envelope Punch Board, Paper Piercer & Mat (for brads), 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, So Saffron Brads  

italics = retired product


1 comment: