Monday, October 28, 2013

Eastern Butterfly Elegance

Mojo Monday time! I snuck last night's card into the Mojo Monday website with minutes to spare! But that means this morning brings a brand new sketch challenge. On the last Monday of the month, they offer a circle and square card layout (MOJO317). Since I don't yet have the Circle Framelits, I decided to do a smaller card and use circle punches for the focal points of the card.


Every year I participate in a DSP product share with my upline, Julie Davison. It is open to customers and demonstrators, and is a great way to get a little bit of everything (whether it is new DSP, ribbon, buttons, other accessories, etc) without spending a fortune. With the DSP share, I got a 6x6-inch piece of each sheet of DSP offered in the current Annual Catalog.


SO... since I have a lot of 6x6 sheets of DSP laying around... I decided to use my Envelope Punch Board in reverse! There are two sizes of cards that you can use a 6x6 sheet of paper for to make an envelope (see the little pink arrows above). So I decided to go with the 3-1/2" square card.


I used the Eastern Elegance DSP for my envelope, accent pieces, and color scheme. Here is what I came up with!




Do you ever get a stamping idea into your head, and it just won't go away until you create it? I'd been envisioning making a little double-layer butterfly like this one all weekend. When I saw the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and butterfly punches sitting on my desk, I knew I could finally use them for this project!



This card is too small to mail, but hopefully I can find a use for it at some point! Perhaps as a little note to accompany a bottle of wine when I go over to a friend's house for a casual night in. :)


Stamps: Papillon Potpourri
Paper: Eastern Elegance DSP, Smoky Slate CS, Coastal Cabana CS, Crushed Curry Textured CS (but could use the current Core'dinations paper to achieve the same look), Whisper White CS
Colors: Crushed Curry Ink
Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Envelope Punch Board
Accessories: Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals 

italics = retired product

No comments:

Post a Comment