Sunday, October 27, 2013

No-Words Birthday Card

I'm very stressed out about a presentation I am giving next week, so I needed some stamping time to soothe my nerves. I like to *challenge* myself to try to use more than one challenge on a card! ;) So today, it was Color Throwdown #265 (CTD265) and Mojo Monday #316 (MOJO316).


I used Midnight Muse instead of Not Quite Navy, because I was trying to stick with current SU! products. But then I ended up using a retired stamp set anyway. Oh well!


It was hard for me to combine this many colors into one card (my stand-by is 3 colors and 1 neutral) but I finally made it work! Leave a comment and tell me which one do you like better: with or without the Crisp Cantaloupe embellishment on the left side?








Stamps: Patterned Party
Paper: Pistachio Pudding DSP, Crisp Cantaloupe CS, Pistachio Pudding CS, Baked Brown Sugar CS, Midnight Muse CS, Whisper White CS
Colors: Pistachio Pudding Marker, Crisp Cantaloupe Marker, Midnight Muse Marker, Baked Brown Sugar Marker
Tools: 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot
Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim, In Color Boutique Details, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots

italics = retired product

2 comments:

  1. I just love your take on the sketch and you have used the colors beautifully...love those adorable little balloons!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of the sketch and colors!! Love those balloons!! I know I have been challenged with colors challenges too... but, it's fun to make it work!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete