Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mother's Day Card #1

As I mentioned yesterday, this is my first day off in a while so I'm trying to power through some challenges and get stuff accomplished! Work even called to see if I could cover for someone that called in sick. But for once I actually said NO (which is hard for me to do!) because I think it is necessary for my mental health!

I finally sat down and made a list, and there are 29 cards (!) I need to make for the next couple months. (Only 2 of them are late!) There are four women in my life I'm planning on giving Mother's Day cards to... but only two of them might actually check my blog so I think I'm safe posting a couple of them early.

In the interest of multi-tasking, I used two challenges to make this card. The first is Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration #34. What a perfect color combo for a frilly, feminine card!


The second challenge I used was the Mojo Monday Week #84 sketch. This is my first Mojo Monday sketch, and it was pretty intimidating! But I love how it turned out!

I stepped out of my card-size comfort zone and decided not to do a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". I made this square-sized card once before (5-1/4" x 5-1/4"), and it fits in the Medium Square Envelopes.

I don't have Going Gray, so I used Brushed Silver. It's more expensive on a per-sheet basis, because it is so fun and shiny!!


I have a large box full of retired stamp sets that I am going to (hopefully!) sell on eBay that I dragged out of the closet today. I actually had some success doing this in January, so we'll see! Anyway though, I wanted to use the Mother's Day and Father's Day stamps from All-Year Cheer II one more time before I part with this set. I kind of like them though, so maybe I won't be able to sell it after all! Since I was using retired stamps already, I also used retired paper and non-SU! (gasp) brads and ribbon.


Stay tuned for a few more challenge submissions later today...

Supplies: All-Year Cheer II Stamp Set*, Perennial Favorites Stamp Set*; Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Brushed Silver, and Whisper White cardstock; Enchanté Designer Series Paper*; Certainly Celery Classic Ink Pad; Perfect Plum Stampin' Write marker; Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, and 1-1/4" Circle Punches; Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Mini Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals; Target brads; random silver ribbon

*retired SU! product

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Janet! Love the brushed silver scallop circle! Thanks for playing in the JCI34 and sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the silver bits on there.

    ReplyDelete