Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time to Celebrate!

Oops, so it's been a whole week since I've posted! :(

I sooooo did not get to relax this weekend, because we had to go grocery shopping, get the dog a bath, go to my in-laws, go out to dinner... Some of that was fun, but not relaxing. I'm so wiped, I went to bed at 6pm on Monday! Tomorrow I get a real day OFF so I'm excited!! Hopefully I'll be stamping my little heart out!

Anyway, on to my latest card! This is my entry for KWerner's Color Inspiration Challenge #50! This time she's even giving out prizes! I don't think much of my work is prize-worthy, but you never know... ;)


This card reminds me of a circus, with all the primary colors and such. I envision this card being used for a 3-year-old boy's birthday or something. It's just so fun and bright (and unisex, which is difficult to accomplish!).

Ever since I got the Darling Dots Stamp Set (the only Level 1 Hostess set I like), I've wanted to use this layout. I think it's fun and easy and I'll probably have more cards using this set and layout soon. This is also the first time I've used paper-piercing, and I love it! I'm trying to work my way up to more sophisticated looks, but I like how this turned out. I also used the Cutter Kit to distress the edges of the white panel of cardstock.



Since I'm such a perfectionist (which is why it usually takes me a week to finally finish making a card!), I like everything to be parallel, perpendicular, in-line, etc. So when the "celebrate" was kind of slanted I wanted to freak. So I tilted the "time to" so hopefully no one would notice... which I'm guessing you didn't until I pointed it out... :)

Sorry for such a wordy post. Tomorrow I will have more challenge entries and less babble! Yay!

Supplies: Darling Dots Stamp Set, Celebrate Everything Stamp Set; Tempting Turquoise, Yoyo Yellow, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock; Tempting Turquoise, Yoyo Yellow, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pads; Tempting Turquoise, Yoyo Yellow, and Real Red Stampin' Write markers; 1-3/8" Square, 1-3/8" Circle, and 1-1/4" Circle Punches; Cutter Kit; Crafter's Tool Kit; Stampin' Dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. GREAT card for the color challenge, so cheery and bright ~ love the stamps in this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and I think perfect for a little one's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I love it! And I didn't notice it was crooked until you pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the paper piercing at the bottom and the way you used the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love paper piercing and it looks great on your design.... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh girl! It is "Time to Celebrate" -- you won a prize for your card!!! Check out Kristina's Round-Up! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Congratulations on winning a prize!
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Congrats on being one of the winners!

    ReplyDelete